Located in Dallas Texas, this classroom-based course will give you the skillset and resources to organize your service environment, write a household manual & become a better private service professional. I designed this training with an understanding of the ever-changing nature of our profession. The content was developed based on real-life Estate Management experiences and input from a variety of industry professionals.
“Essentials” will begin by covering the intangibles that are some of the cornerstones of out industry. Topics that are rarely covered in schools that every PSP should know. We continue on with discussing how to compartmentalize the estate or residence in which you work. We will tackle the integration of this information, including accounting, task sheets, punch lists, administrative duties, and creating the components of a Household Manual.
Upon completion of this course, you will have all the tools you need to create an operational manual for any size Home, Estate or Service Environment. You will also have one of the most valuable assets in our industry, a network of fellow Private Service Professionals that will serve you well in future endeavors.
The Essentials Course will take place over two days and spans fourteen-hours, 9am – 5pm each day.
- Preparing for a New Position
- Communicating with your Principals
- Find Your Place in the Home
- Working with Your Principal
- Managing Staff
- Components of a Household Manual
- HR Basics
- Setting Up a Chart of Accounts
- Establishing a Budget
- Accounting & Reports
- Principal and Household Profiles
- Developing Task Sheets
- “How-To” Documents
- Vendor Management
- Course Book
- Estate Manual Index
- Estate Manual Templates in Word & Excel Form
- Task Sheet Templates
- Profile Templates
- Estate Compartmentalization Discovery Questions
- Budget Comparison Spreadsheet
- Sample Resume For Your Reference
- Sample Full Disclosure Document
- Preferred Placement Agency List
- Employment Agreement Template
- Separation Agreement Template
- I-9 & W-4
- IRS Publication 926 – Household Employer Tax Guide
- Basic Housekeeper Job Description
- Hypoallergenic Cleaner Recipe
February 22nd & 23rd 2020
West Palm Beach
March 28th & 29th 2020
April 25th & 26th
Peter has taken his years of private service expertise and made it available to others to learn and excel in this industry. He brings real solutions to everyday issues for today’s professional private service staff. Attending his session will not only enhance your career but help take it to the next level. Honest, concise, entertaining and educational! Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from an industry leader.
I highly recommend anyone in this Service Industry to take any course that Peter Van Ryder offers. I received a wealth of knowledge from an outstanding professional and the information Peter shared is priceless!
Not only did I learn new skills and how to improve the level of service showing value to the Principals, I was given a different, fresh and new perspective on the business as a whole. Thank you Peter!