A Household Manager is responsible for handling the daily operations of a household and responding to the homeowner’s needs. Unlike an Estate Manager, the House Manager is more hands-on in nature and is most commonly responsible for only one service environment. Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills are common traits among successful House Managers. In addition, hiring a House Manager adds hours of freedom to your schedule and confidence that your household is run responsibly and according to your vision. Household Managers will generally spend 70% of their time on active work and staff management and 30% of their time in the office.
A good House Manager knows how to create luxury in any environment.
Household Manager responsibilities can include:
- Ability to seamlessly fit into a harmonious work environment.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity & honesty
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail.
- Supervising and managing the home on a daily and weekly basis
- Setting appointments for house repairs and maintenance
- Inspect the property weekly for things that need repair or maintained
- Manage Maids, Landscapers, Swimming Pool
- Handle simple house maintenance like changing air filters, light bulbs, diffusers, etc.
- Being hands-on with all administrative duties, including:
- Paying bills
- Managing household schedules
- Inventorying house and restocking things as needed
- Make sure the home stays neatly organized and in an orderly fashion
- Run errands as needed (e.g., dry cleaning, shoe repairs/shine, groceries, pick up prescriptions, etc.)
- Lite daily kitchen cleaning organizing
- Cooking or meal prep as needed
- Petcare as needed while the family is away
- Holiday decorations
If you are looking to hire an house manager or would like to talk to us about our other services such as:
If you are looking for a position, please check out our EMS Domestics for a complete list of our open positions.