Location: University Park area of Dallas
Schedule: Full Time (mostly Monday – Friday)
Compensation: $90,000 – $100,000/annum
Benefits: Paid Vacation Days
Wonderful family in the University Park area of Dallas is looking for an experienced and innovative Personal Chef for a private family located near the SMU area. You will primarily be cooking for two, with occasional extended family members and guests joining. From time to time the family will host special occasions such as garden parties or lunch with friends.
The family moves to a beach location in the Northeast for the summer months. The candidate is expected to travel and perform similar duties at the summer location. All costs associated with travel, including airfare and accommodation, will be covered. You must have a passion for creating delicious meals and be comfortable cooking in a private kitchen. The ideal candidate knows how to develop original menu items that reflect client preferences for a healthy lifestyle with high protein and vegetarian options in frequent rotation. You be responsible for weekly grocery shopping and meal planning, will order food and supplies from local vendors and on-line, check ingredients for freshness, and prepare meals within a scheduled timeframe. Client expectations are for fresh dinner preparation approximately 4 times a week, while providing ready-made meals for lunches and snacks.
- 5-10 years related experience
- Culinary degree preferred
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Capable of passing extensive background check and BAI interview
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail.
- Self-sufficient & Self-driven. Doesn’t need handholding.
- Summer travel to the Northeast will be required.
- Food safety training or certification is a must
- Relevant background and experience as a personal or restaurant chef
- Knowledge of a variety of dietary lifestyles and restrictions, with emphasis on healthy diet plans including high protein and vegetarian options
- Ability to cook a wide assortment of different types of cuisines
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Develop weekly meal plans that accommodate client preferences and expectations
- Research menus and source local suppliers
- Order ingredients and any other materials needed for meal preparation
- Examine orders for accuracy and freshness
- Cook delicious meals according to client’s schedule, including dinners approximately 4x week
- Cook and prep ready-made meals for lunches, breakfasts, and snacks
- Plate and serve the meals for clients and guests
- Keep the refrigerator/pantry/kitchen area well-stocked at all times
- Keep the kitchen cooking area pristine and always store utensils and cooking equipment in an organized fashion
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’