This is a role for a seasoned PSP with excellent time management skills and experience in multiple roles in Private Service. The primary function is as Chef who can seamlessly evolve as needed and/or as directed and help with Family Assistant tasks and Assistant Household Management functions as needed on a regular basis.
Mr. & Mrs. are looking for a Family Chef that will help with some of the family assistant and assistant house manager duties. Household has a proven track record of loyal and happy employees with over 20 years of tenure.
Mr. & Mrs. travel frequently but spend most of their time in the Denver home, summers in Steamboat Springs, and frequent trips to Bluffton home for 2-week stints. This person will only travel to cook for the family when there are parties that need food. Seasonal events (Thanksgiving in Bluffton), and other Holiday Celebrations. When not traveling with family, chef will provision, prepare and send food and other supplies with Principals, at time of Principal’s travel, on their Private aircraft, or vehicles. However, travel will be needed to seasonally rotate stock, restock, resupply, and prep homes.
- Well-versed in Asian, Middle Eastern, American Regional foods and Mediterranean stylized cuisines.
- Use of game meats, big game, and game foul.
- Some baking
- Clean eating/nutritionally dense food using locally sourced/in-season ingredients
- Menu planning, provisioning, cooking, and serving for 2-20.
- Weekly calendar for both food and goals/objectives provided to principals
- Maintain Kitchen facilities at the highest level of cleanliness
- Manage seasonal, preventative, and reactionary maintenance on all equipment related to F&B
- Oversee vendors when HM is not available.
- Dinner parties rarely exceed 25 people, mostly at the Bluffton home.
- Assist with dog care. Feed, walk and playing when time permits, schedule groomers—three very loved English Cocker Spaniels. When principals are traveling without the puppies, you will be required to stay on property until they return.
- Administrative duties include online ordering, project and status reports and accounting reporting.
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Fulfill ALL the above requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Discretion, Honesty, Respect & Integrity!!!
- Organized, efficient, detail-oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Friendly with a positive attitude and ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Self-directed and confident without an ego.
- Team-oriented (no one reports to anyone else other than the principals)
- Ability to understand the Principals zone of privacy.
- Flexible schedule
- Dog lover!
- Motivated, Kind, Calm, and Happy Nature
This home is a non-smoking environment; smoking is not allowed while on or near property.
The exiting staff member will be conducting the initial interview and screening of presented candidates. This person is leaving due to a personal desire to relocate closer to family. They speak very highly and genuinely fondly of the principals. This person will also share their provisioning schedules and checklists as well as any and all recipes needed to make the Principals happy; the drive currently contains close to 1000 recipes which with new ones coming from Mrs often.
|Job Category||Chef, Family Assistant, House Manager|