Schedule: Monday – Friday
Compensation: $100k – $120k / annually
Benefits: 10 PTO days (vacation + sick), 10 Paid holidays, Healthcare reimbursement, Discretionary bonus. (Expansion of benefits may happen at the beginning of 2023)
Private family located in Wimberley is seeking an experienced Personal Chef. Must have experience curating meals with special dietary considerations for Crohn’s disease. The selected individual will have excellent culinary skills, fine attention to detail, and be very professional and presentable, but also relaxed and down to earth. No pretense or ego.
We are seeking an individual that can be flexible and can work 40 hours a week, including holidays and some weekends. The schedule can vary week to week depending on the family’s needs.
- 5 – 10 years industry experience
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Capable of passing extensive background check and BAI interview
- Verifiable references
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail.
- Self-sufficient & Self-driven. Doesn’t need handholding.
- Preference for a Culinary degree and/or at least 5 years of engagement in the hospitality industry or as a personal chef.
- Food safety training or certifications
- Knowledge of a variety of dietary lifestyles and restrictions, with emphasis on healthy diet plans including high protein and vegetarian options.
- A comprehensive understanding of the dietary restrictions of Crohn’s disease.
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Happy in disposition and Professional in appearance and attitude.
- Maintain an organized clean kitchen (cooking/prep kitchen is away from main house)
- Develop weekly meal plans that accommodate client preferences and expectations
- Research menus and source local suppliers
- Maintain F&B inventory and procurement for main house and outbuildings.
- Cook delicious meals according to client’s schedule, including dinners approximately 4x week
- Create snack and grab-and-go meal options throughout the week and prepared for weekends
- Plate and serve the meals for clients
- Keep the refrigerator/pantry/kitchen area well-stocked at all times
- Ability to cook a wide assortment of different types of cuisines
- Familiar with the dietary needs of dogs.
The perfect candidate will have no ego and a positive attitude and be able to seamlessly fit into a dynamic environment.
The work schedule will generally be Monday to Friday. Flexibility around this schedule to work weekends, different hours for family vacations, during the summer, and in other circumstances is required.