Compensation: $150,000 – $180,000
Benefits: Medical and Dental (also paid on all eligible dependents), 401k & PTO
Luxury residence in Austin is looking for a strong leader to bring their staff together and create a harmonious environment and become the primary point of contact between staff and the Principals. The ideal candidate will build and instill a culture of open communication, proactiveness, privacy, and excellence in staff and their approach.
The primary residence is approximately 25k sq ft. on nearly 2 acres, plus a ‘Mini Ranch” with an 8k sq ft. main house and outbuildings.
**This position requires an experienced leader in Private Service. Resumes without a minimum of 8 years of Estate Management experience will not be considered.
- 8 – 15 years of applicable industry experience
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record
- Capable of passing an extensive background check and BAI interview
- Ability to identify issues and address them independently
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal (English & Spanish strongly preferred)
- Understand how to implement Invisible Service
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail.
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Develop Estate Policies and procedures to ensure the Principal’s safety and security.
- Develop estate and household manuals that guide the staff. Including checklists and how-to documents.
- Build a team who exemplifies a positive, proactive, and professional culture
- Proactively bring forward ideas for improvements
- Lead staff to catch and resolve issues before they come to the Principals’ attention
- Resolve reoccurring issues to prevent them
- Oversee the “business side” of the operation (e.g., manage service contracts and related insurance)
- Lead projects as required (e.g., events, renovations)
- Ensure thoroughness and detail in workmanship performed by others
- Lead regarding installation and care of art and antiquities
- Ensure the proper care of high-end finishes
- Build a professional operational process (e.g., form / administer budgets, year-end reviews)
- Oversee primary residence, domestic and international secondary residences and potential new international residence project
- Organized self-starter with the ability to work with very limited direction
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues to simple decision points
- IT / Computer savvy
- Familiarity with complex building systems and building-related technology
- Professional demeanor
- Service and detail-oriented
- Adaptable/flexible, with a positive readiness to do whatever it takes whenever it is needed
The position will start with the responsibility of the primary and nearby secondary residences. As the position grows and professional proves their value and capabilities, responsibilities will increase to encompass additional domestic and international homes.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching
- Ability to negotiate a multi-story house with stairs many times a day
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’
|Job Category||Estate Manager|