Prominent South Texas Couple seeks an experienced housekeeper to care for their primary residence in Terrell Hills, Texas. The property is just under 8600 sq. ft. total on ½ an acre. This candidate should be able to harmoniously fit in with the current staff and will report directly to the Estate Manager that has been with the family for 14 years and will work alongside a houseman and part-time Chef.
The ideal candidate should have a strong foundational knowledge of housekeeping in a luxury home and be able to step in a couple of times per week to cook meals for the Mr. & Mrs. when the part-time Chef is not available. Cooking quality and invisible service will be major success factors in this position.
Schedule: Generally, Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Compensation: $65,000 – $70,000+/year (DEO)
Benefits: 10 days accrued PTO, Full Health, 401k (details at bottom)
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail
- Non-Toxic Chemical use knowledge
- Pro-active, hardworking, and honest
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work late and on weekends as needed
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to care for fine fabrics and furnishings
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Capable of passing extensive background check and BAI interview
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty
- Self-sufficient & Self-driven. Doesn’t need handholding.
- Familiar and comfortable with Apple products and applications
- An understanding of invisible service and how to navigate the home quietly.
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Daily cleaning, care and maintenance of main residence and guest house (approx. 8,000 sq ft)
- Housekeeper will work as part of a team onsite which include a Houseman and Estate Manager
- Laundry, ironing, and closet organization
- Cooking and meal prep for two people
- High attention to detail
- Running errands and/or grocery shopping as needed
- Management and organization of closets, pantries, etc.
- All additional organization of home
- Care of fine furniture, art, antiques, etc.
- Polishing of and care for all silver, brass, china, etc.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Flexibility to work occasionally at other locations (within Texas) when needed
- Help prepare for events in the home
- Packing and unpacking garments for travel
- Greeting guests, receiving packages, and answering phone calls
- Serving occasional guests as needed
This is a full time live-out position. Family travels 30-40% of the year. Housekeeper will not be expected to travel, however occasionally working at other properties (within Texas) should be expected.
General work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm, however some weekends and overtime hours will be required.
Offering a comprehensive benefit plan including, health, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. After 90 days of employment, you will also be eligible to participate in the company 401(K) plan.
Benefits will be effective on the first of the month following 60 days of employment. You will receive 10 days / 80 hours of PTO, accrued at the rate of 3.08 hours biweekly throughout the calendar year.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’
|Job Category||Executive Assistant|