Location: Dallas, TX (University Park)
Schedule: Varies Full-Time. Some nights until 8:30.
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental & 401k
Well-established family in the University Park area of Dallas is looking for a Family Assistant with a strong history of childcare. It is important that the candidate is active and energetic, and able to nurture the children’s social-emotional and educational development (i.e., help with homework and facilitate play with other children). The candidate should also be extremely organized to help organize the family schedule (and comfortable using google calendar).
The ideal candidate will seamlessly work alongside 2 co-nannies/housekeepers that are very important to the family. All are instrumental in the support of Mr., and Mrs., three children (5, 9, and 10 years old), and a friendly, energetic Labradoodle. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, articulate, and able to cultivate a positive relationship with the existing staff.
- 5 – 10 years industry experience
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Valid Passport
- Capable of passing extensive background check and BAI interview
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail.
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish/English) Preferred.
- 15 – 20 overnight stays per year (included with compensation)
Duties & Key Success Factors
Family Assistant duties include, but not limited to:
- Grocery shopping
- Meal planning and preparation
- Household supply shopping and keeping track of household items
- Running family errands
- Completing store returns and exchanges
- Keeping closets and cabinets organized
- Taking family’s vehicles to the gas station, car wash, and service station
- Scheduling and managing home repairs and maintenance services
- Packing and unpacking for family trips
- House sitting while the family is away
- Pet care
Shared Childcare Duties:
- Supervising and administering bath time as appropriate
- Organizing children’s play area
- Helping children with general hygiene, including cutting and cleaning fingernails and toenails
- Organizing children’s schedules, including driving them to and from school and extra-curricular activities
- Taking children to and from doctor’s appointments
- Teaching manners and other socially appropriate behavior
- Engaging with the children when they are home, including doing arts and crafts, reading books, going to the library,
- Assisting with homework
- Taking children to parks and playgrounds
- Reinforcing Discipline in a productive and constructive way (absolutely no yelling).
- Packing and unpacking for trips (see below)
Personal Cell Phone: The family’s expectation is that their staff will not make personal calls or texts while supervising the children or driving.
Social Media: Pictures of the children, the residence(s) and/or other assets should never be posted to social media at any time. Any pictures taken for information or informative purposes should be deleted after sending. If a backup is needed, the photo should be uploaded to the family’s cloud drive and immediately deleted from the device.
Punctuality: It is absolutely required that the Principals can count on you 100% and that you are punctual in getting to the residence for your assigned hours.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching
- Ability to negotiate a multi-story house with stairs many times a day
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’
|Job Category||Family Assistant, Nanny|