Benefits: 20 days PTO, Paid Holidays
Wonderful, down-to-earth family in West Austin is looking for an experienced gardener and groundskeeper to care for their and their neighbor’s property. Property one is two acres with a small area of grass. Property two is ## acres with a small pond. Both have manicured as well as natural wooded areas that need to be maintained. Both properties have pools that will be part of the employee’s responsibility.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Central Texas Native plants and their care and be able to source and price plants for regular maintenance/replacement and requested seasonal projects.
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail.
- Mowing (weekly in winter, bi-weekly in summer)
- Bed cleaning
- Pruning, trimming, deadheading, and replacement of dead plants.
- Seasonal planting
- Sprinkler system maintenance and repair (PVC knowledge)
- Pool (2) and pool equipment maintenance/diagnostics
- Pond maintenance
- Exterior cleaning (driveways, patios, doorways, light fixtures, gates, garages)
- Property walks to check fencing and poison ivy and poison oak.
- Non-Toxic Chemical use knowledge
- Heavy lifting
- Special project help
- Cleaning and maintenance of “outbuildings/structures”
- Property clearing as needed
- Holiday decor
The candidate’s payroll will be split between two families and be responsible for splitting their time appropriately and communicating when projects are taking away from one client or the other.
While the ideal candidate will fill all the above requirements and success factors, the families are willing to provide training resources to a candidate that fills 90% and demonstrates a positive outlook and strong work ethic.
The two residences are on a private road. During times of inclement weather, road clearing and cleaning will be needed as it is not covered by the city.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching
- Ability to negotiate a multi-story house with stairs many times a day
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’