A top-level, best-in-class professional Head Housekeeper with the ability to anticipate the needs of the unique lifestyles of the clients and their properties. The Head Housekeeper is directly responsible for the management of every aspect of housekeeping, laundry, staff training, wardrobe management, and supplies inventory while providing outstanding personal service to the family.
The Estate Manager is searching for a candidate that can remain professional in a busy environment. The ideal candidate will be a positive influence on the home and staff and adhere to strict standards of office and household organization. Someone with a strong work ethic that demonstrates their enjoyment and passion for what they do.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:30 – 4:30 (most weeks)
Compensation: $80,000 – $85,000 + Full Benefits
Geo Preferences: Prefer local but willing to relocate exceptional candidate
- 5 – 10+ years experience in a formal home, superyacht, exclusive resort, or butler education.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Capable of passing extensive background check and Behavior Analysis Interview.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal. Ability to offer and receive constructive feedback. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty
- Highly organized & an excellent eye for detail.
- English proficiency is required. Bi-lingual is a bonus.
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with Estate Manager. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality. Able to delegate, with the ability to see the big picture.
- Be proactive and emotionally intelligent in leadership.
- Excellent record-keeping capabilities and maintaining logs and reports of the results of inspections.
- Ability to travel for short periods (2 – 4 week at a time)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaboration with Estate Manager
- Perform and adhere to directions from Estate Manager.
- Provide feedback on housekeeping staff, and suggestions for improvements. Including staffing and procedural changes.
- Staff Schedules and PTO coordination to ensure proper coverage.
- Evaluate housekeeping staff and provide feedback on productivity, efficiency, quality, and attention to detail.
- Assist Estate Manager with vendor oversight, as requested.
- Develop and maintain detailed room-by-room housekeeping checklists, travel procedures and checklists, household housekeeping manuals, and inventory lists for all residences and the Florida Office.
- Facilitate communication and updates between the housekeeping staff, Estate Manager, and Executive Assistant.
- Daily inspections of staff’s work. Daily to-do lists. Nightly follow-up. Provide feedback on the day’s performance.
- Lead by example and cultivate a team atmosphere.
- Ensure each team member understands their responsibilities and they have the proper tools, equipment, and supplies to do their job.
- Ensure that each team member follows health and safety regulations.
- Report any and all hazardous, unsafe, high risk and non-compliant work issues to Estate Manager immediately.
- Ensure appearance standards are maintained.
- Ensure that each team member is taking rest breaks and lunchtime and are reporting their timesheet properly. Approve each timesheet by Monday evening for the previous week.
Housekeeping Responsibilities & Coordination
- Approve and implement the right cleaning supplies and correct cleaning methods by internet research or manufacturer’s recommendations, and insure that each housekeeping staff understands and uses these approved methods.
- Coordinate and ensure the performance of general and in-depth cleaning for all residences with a hands-on approach.
- Handle the daily graces (i.e., fresh towels in the bathrooms, making beds, wiping bathroom and kitchen counters, loading and unloading dishwasher, etc.)
- Responsible for the care of fine furnishings including antiques and artwork.
- Empty trash and organize recycling.
- Wash inside windows, woodwork, etc.
- Polish silver as needed.
- Launder, iron, and press clothing.
- Organize and maintain all clothes, closets, and drawers as needed.
- Assist with packing and unpacking.
- Organization, inventory, and upkeep of storage unit.
- Organize and maintain stock of office supplies, office provisions, and household staff uniforms.
- Place orders and take deliveries as needed.
- Order, replace, and maintain interior flora.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and serve breakfast, light snacks, occasional meals, and order take-out in the absence of the chef.
- Table settings and service.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching
- Ability to negotiate a multi-story house with stairs many times a day
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6?
|Job Category||Executive Housekeeper, Housekeeper, Houseman|