Posted 1 year ago
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm with flexibility (some travel & weekends)
Compensation: $80,000 – $90,000
Benefits: Medical Dental Vision, PTO, Bonus
Family living in Dallas, Texas with a strong-willed 10-year-old boy is seeking a professional, organized, and detail-oriented full-time candidate to help manage a busy family and technology-heavy household.
The home is 9,000 sq. ft. on 2 acres. The ideal professional will have experience working in luxury homes and be capable of maintaining professionalism in a high-energy home.
- 5 – 10 years industry experience
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Capable of passing extensive background check and BAI interview
- Ability to identify issues and address independently
- Highly organized, detail oriented, proactive, excellent time management, positive attitude, efficient and service focused
- Attentive to principals’ preferences and style (intuitive to their needs)
- Professional presentation
- Ability to develop and maintain solid working relationships with service providers, contractors, and vendors
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate effectively and efficiently with principals (extension of parents and consistent childcare philosophies) and domestic employees, responsive to feedback
- Strong technology skills
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Managing Housekeeping staff.
- Assist in transporting son to and from school, activities, sports in the afternoons.
- Assist in fresh and healthy meal planning and preparation for family
- Assist with inventory checklists for household items, food, children’s essentials, principals’ essentials, etc.
- Maintain comprehensive household manuals setting priorities for tasks on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Maintain file systems including those for household operations, warranty manuals, household equipment, invitations, entertainment logs, etc.
- Maintain contacts lists that include vendors, contractors, businesses, etc.
- Management responsibilities of 8,000+ square foot single family home
- Schedule and oversee vendors and contractors (e.g., winterizing irrigation system for winter, seasonal landscaping displays, interior design projects, etc.)
- Run errands (e.g., shopping for home supplies, returns, etc.)
- Managing tasks and projects around the home (e.g., receiving deliveries, service providers, contractors, etc.)
- Organizational projects, closets, rotating clothes seasonally, getting rid of outgrown toys and clothing, taking things for donation, etc.)
- Ensure pantry and fridges are properly stocked in accordance with principals and children’s travel and entertaining schedules
- Maintain vehicles, fill gas tank, take for service appointments and keep accurate records of services completed
- Manage household petty cash (including proper documentation) and submission of house/staff credit card purchases and receipts
- Schedule meetings with principal(s) as needed to discuss their schedule, children’s schedules, travel plans, upcoming events, special projects, etc.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching
- Ability to negotiate a multi-story house with stairs many times a day
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’
|Job Category||House Manager|