Schedule: Monday – Friday: 10 am – 6 pm (weekend availability)
Compensation: $130,000 – $150,000+
Benefits: PTO, no medical
Very busy 9900 sq. ft. home in the River Oaks area of Houston is looking for a hands-on, professional, no-nonsense, administrative-heavy Household Manager to coordinate staff and household operations. The ideal employee will be discrete, industrious, self-motivating, and have a Service Heart. This is an on-the-go Household Manager position, a desk will rarely be used.
The HM will report directly to Mrs., the only principal living full-time in the house. Grown children float in and out of the house based on school and work schedules. Mrs. is hands-on and likes to be informed on the various projects around the house, she needs someone that can ensure that vendors are on task and on budget. Some PA duties will overlap.
- 5 – 10 years industry experience
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Capable of passing extensive background check and BAI interview
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail.
- Self-sufficient & Self-driven. Doesn’t need handholding.
- Apple iOS & macOS proficient
- Hands-on leader
- Bi-Lingual preferred.
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Establish Operational Household Manual and system of implementation and communication.
- Vendor Management
- Contract and Bid negotiation and management.
- W-2 Staff & 1099 contractor Management of 20+ with a focus on efficiency
- Housekeeper Training and Leadership
- Landscaping management
- Pool Vendor management
- Maintenance management (Geothermal HVAC system)
- Tools & Equipment Inventories
- Daily interior and exterior property walks/inspections. Noting and addressing issues while keeping Mrs. informed as to cost and progress.
- Pet management (currently a couple of cats and dogs ranging in size from small to large)
- Develop and implement a “No-Cellphone policy” to prevent employees from being on their phones during work hours. Phones should be kept on hand for requested photos from the Principal.
There are a lot of various construction projects ongoing at the property. Mrs. enjoys working with a full-time Construction Manager to manage most aspects but needs someone to help inspect and ensure that her wishes are met and standards held. This will be a minor part of the job.
Home has staff coverage seven days per week.
Mrs. is down to earth and does not put on “airs”. She is caring and has cultivated loyalty from those employees that have proven trustworthy and professional.
This is a new position. Created out of need for someone to “bring things together.”
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching
- Ability to negotiate a multi-story house with stairs many times a day
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’
|Job Category||House Manager|