Location: Houston, TX (River Oaks area)
Title: Housekeeper / Chef
Schedule: Typically, Monday – Friday 7am – 3PM (some weekends or holidays as needed)
Compensation: $25 – $30/hour
Benefits: Medical and Dental, Bonus Available
Well established large luxury residence in Rover Oaks is looking to replace one of their long-tenured staff that is leaving. The home is 20,000 sq. ft with just Mr. & Mrs. and two small pets. Household is fully staffed with a House Manager, 2 additional Housekeepers, a Houseman, a Cook and a Facilities Manager. The ideal candidate will have well documented experience working in housekeeping for large, multi-staffed homes with a history of longevity.
This candidate’s area of responsibility will be cleaning and maintaining the Kitchen area and be responsible for daily cooking and groceries shopping as needed for provided recipes.
- 5 years industry experience
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Capable of passing extensive background check, BAI interview, and Social Media check.
- Ability to identify issues and address independently
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Ability to cultivate a harmonious work environment.
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail.
- Meticulous sense of organization and attention to detail
- Team player, a great communicator who is not afraid to ask questions and is open to constructive criticism
- Punctual, reliable, proactive, and a self-starter
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Travel to Maine as requested during summer months. (2-3 weeks at a time)
- General floor care, dusty sweeping, mopping, vacuuming,
- Laundry including washing, folding, and ironing clothes
- Kitchen cleaning including washing drying and putting away dishes when there are dirty dishes out
- Making beds and changing the linens
- Restocking personal care products toilet paper, etc.
- Picking up toys in the pool room when needed.
- General organizing
- Running errands
- Grocery shopping
- Preparing meals when needed
- Taking care of pets
- Bathroom cleaning
- Surface cleaning
- Assist with parties and events at Estate
- Flower arrangements when needed
- Maintain House plants and greenery
- Maintain Inventory list
- Deep cleaning
Pets are one cat and one bird.
Most of the current staff has 5 – 15 years of tenure with the home.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching
- Ability to negotiate a multi-story house with stairs many times a day
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’
|Job Category||Chef, Housekeeper|