Schedule: Primarily Monday – Friday Lunch & Dinner with strong flexibility
Compensation: $150,000 – $175,000/year
Benefits: Health and dental benefits provided, 401k after a waiting period, Paid Time Off, certain paid holidays.
Health-conscious family of four with a strong appreciation of varied and creative cuisine seeks an experienced, discreet, live-out private chef in Palm Beach, with summers in the Hamptons or elsewhere. The ideal candidate should have a European sensibility and/or training and be able to create visually pleasing dishes that are rich in flavor and also be comfortable cooking boxed mac and cheese for the children or coordinating build your own pizza meals.
- 5 – 10 years industry experience
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Capable of passing extensive background check and BAI interview
- Ability to seamlessly fit into a harmonious work environment.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and doesn’t get involved with the Family dynamics
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail.
- Comfortable using own car to do grocery shopping and errands (on the job mileage accrued will be reimbursed at the standard IRS business mile rate).
- Positive, professional attitude and strong work ethic
- Willingness to work in a child and pet-friendly environment (home has a dog and a cat, both very nice)
- Extremely organized and tidy, hygienically conscious
- Strong time management skills
Duties & Key Success Factors
- European Culinary School Degree Preferred.
- Farm to table and nose to tail mentality
- Happy in disposition and Professional in appearance and attitude.
- Maintain an organized kitchen
- Creatively provisions for multiple kitchens (including groceries, shopping online and at local suppliers, procuring exotic ingredients, all kitchen gadgets, and equipment, etc.)
- Oversee all elements of food and beverage service (both front and back of house operations)
- Demonstrate a passion for their craft without an overinflated ego.
- Capable of presenting menu with a creative flair.
- Make the simplest of dinner an experience.
- Respect family’s extremely specific standards of ingredient sourcing
- Accommodate food restrictions when required (gluten-free, sugar-free, etc.)
- Adhere to strict standards of household organization in all kitchens, pantries, and fridges
- Provide weekly menus in advance for family’s review and approval
- Maintain detailed inventory lists
- Cook for large (sometimes last-minute) dinner parties and events
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize the kitchen on occasions when housekeeper back-up is not available (a high standard of cleanliness is expected regardless)
- Prepare packaged meals or picnics for a family members as needed.
- Ability to create elegant dishes that wow high profile guests
- Travel to Hamptons with family for 2 months each year.
The perfect candidate will have no ego and a positive attitude and be able to seamlessly fit into a dynamic environment.
Family is Mr., Mrs. and 2 children under the age of 10 that are very adventurous eaters who appreciate a wide variety of cuisine. Also in the house is a cat and a dog (very friendly).
The work schedule will generally be Monday to Friday. Flexibility around this schedule to work weekends, different hours for family vacations, during the summer, and in other circumstances is required.