Managing the grounds of large estates requires special knowledge and insight. The Caretaker is the overseer who handles all the moving parts of maintaining your property to your tastes, standards, and vision. Whether you have simple gardens and ponds to formal gardens and reflecting ponds, your Caretaker keeps them all to your aesthetic. As a result, Caretaker duties are as unique as the estates they serve. In addition, the caretaker is your representative in your absence.
Caretaker responsibilities often include:
- Ability to seamlessly fit into a harmonious work environment.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity & honesty
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail.
- Create and maintain a groundskeeping plan and schedule
- Supervise groundskeeping staff
- Salt & freshwater pool/pond maintenance
- Upkeep on all outbuildings, cottages, recreational facilities, and support buildings
- Grounds maintenance
- Managing vendors, contractors, and grounds staff
- Represent the owner’s vision for the estate in their absence
- Light & heavy equipment operation and management
- Livestock care and management
- Oversight of landscaping staff
- Maintain greenhouse
- Tree care/pruning
- Automobile/equipment/vehicle maintenance
- Overseeing outdoor dining/entertainment areas
- Snow removal
- Putting in new windows and doors
- Basic masonry and stonework on walkways
- Light roofing
If you are looking to hire a Director of Residences or would like to talk to us about our other services please call us at (214) 605-7286. You can find out more about our other services by following the links below.
If you are looking for a position, please check out our EMS Domestics job board for a complete list of our open positions.