Domestic Couples occupy a unique place in the constellation of private service, providing each service required to run a household and maintain a home. In addition, hiring a domestic couple can provide you with hassle-free enjoyment of your home so you can spend time doing what you love with the people you enjoy.
The responsibilities of a Domestic Couple are as varied as the homes they serve. If your needs are more than one person can handle, a couple may be a great solution.
A Domestic Couples’ responsibilities often include:
- Ability to seamlessly fit into a harmonious work environment.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity & honesty
- Highly organized & an excellent eye for detail.
- Everything on your Job Description that Person 2 can’t do.
- Everything on the Job Description that Person 1 can’t do!
Here are a couple of things for you to consider when contemplating hiring a domestic couple. This is taken from personal experience as a Private Service Professional who worked as a Domestic Couple in two marriages.
- 100% coverage for most homes.
- A tag team, when one can’t, the other can step in.
- 30% – 50% more economical than hiring two single professionals. Not only salary-wise, but benefits costs are more appealing to Principals.
- If you lose one employee, you lose both.
- If there is disharmony in the couple’s relationship, it can sometimes be felt at work.
- No 7-day coverage. They are going to want at least one day off together.
- Vacations and PTO can be difficult to schedule if they are your only staff members.
Things to avoid:
- Their marriage needs to be on SOLID footing! Being around each other 24 hours per day can strain a fragile relationship.
- Have one report to the other. They should be treated as equals.
If you are looking to hire a Director of Residences or would like to talk to us about our other services please call us at (214) 605-7286. You can find out more about our other services by following the links below.
If you are looking for a position, please check out our EMS Domestics job board for a complete list of our open positions.