A private Chef often possesses a formal culinary education, apprentice in fine dining establishments, and works exclusively for a private family or individual. Private chefs differ from personal chefs in that they focus their energy and creativity on one family or individual instead of providing occasional chef services to various private clients at one time. Adding a private chef to your household staff increases your dining enjoyment and creates unique opportunities to enjoy a healthier diet.
Types of private chefs include:
- Full-time chefs who prepare every meal
- Part-time chefs who prepare some meals
- Corporate dining room chefs who prepare meals around business functions
- Summer chefs for seasonal vacation homes
- Short-term chefs who prepare meals during disruptive life transitions (jobs, babies, funerals, etc.)
Private chef responsibilities can include:
- Ability to seamlessly fit into a harmonious work environment.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity & honesty
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail.
- Menu planning
- Family and staff meal prep
- Grocery shopping
- Kitchen management including maintenance and cleanliness
- Pantry management including cleanliness
- Wine pairing
- Formal table setting and service management
If you are looking to hire a private chef or would like to talk to us about our other services such as:
If you are looking for a position, please check out our EMS Domestics for a complete list of our open positions.