Position Code: MTPZAL_EM
Schedule: Full Time
Compensation: $180k – $220k/year
Benefits: Full benefits package offered
The Estate Manager will oversee, synchronize, and create an exemplary residential environment for an Atlanta-based family. This person must possess a broad range of skills, including extensive operational know-how, strong hospitality skills, and exceptional people leadership skills. The Estate Manager will be in charge of supervising staff, overseeing maintenance, cultivating positive relationships with outside vendors, and ensuring the grounds and facilities of the client’s multiple properties are managed effectively. This role will be the center point for the cultivation of luxury and continuity of all service environments.
This position reports directly to the family principals and works closely with the Family Office CFO.
The ideal candidate will have extensive Yacht or elite luxury hospitality experience and be either local or have strong ties to the local community.
- 10+ years experience in managing a Residence for HNW clients.
- Established longevity.
- Yacht or luxury hospitality experience.
- Ability to cultivate a positive and harmonious work environment.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record.
- Capable of passing an extensive background check and BAI interview.
- Ability to travel domestically to other residences whenever necessary
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, excellent time management, efficient, and service-focused
- Exceptional grasp of hospitality and service standards
- Attentive to principals’ preferences and style (intuitive to their needs)
- Ability to maintain discretion (confidentiality agreement is required)
- Professional presentation of self and great personality.
- Independent worker with a take-charge attitude and strong work ethic.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Highly proactive and able to troubleshoot and resolve potential issues before they become apparent to the family.
- Exceptional project and team supervisory skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and re-prioritize initiatives throughout the day and week.
- Strong communication skills: ability to develop positive relationships quickly with the family and various team members, family office team, vendors, etc.; ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, knowing when to dive into more details.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of home maintenance and systems.
Duties & Key Success Factors
Residential Staff Supervision:
- Manage seamless functioning of all household operations in support of services seven days a week.
- Hire, fire, train, coach, manage, and oversee all members of estate staff, including housekeepers, chef, personal assistants, lifestyle managers, and others.
- Supervise and work with outside management companies at various properties.
- Conduct training on the operations of the residence, protocols, and policies for working with family, and how to perform responsibilities successfully.
- Partner with house management at other properties to ensure the property is prepared to receive the family and service standards are maintained for the duration of their stay.
- Oversee the following functions performed by staff.
- Transportation and daily needs of children.
- Complete errands (e.g., household supplies, dry cleaning.)
- Coordinate and track shipments and package returns.
- Provide packing assistance for travel (packing and unpacking.)
- Organize closets according to family standards and preferences.
- Periodically drive family members to appointments.
Household and Experience Management:
- Provide day-to-day oversight to ensure the home and its condition are cared for and protected from damage.
- Set and maintain high-quality standards and aesthetics throughout the home.
- Develop, compile, and periodically update documentation for all household procedures, processes, and policies.
- Organize and manage household inventories and create/update inventory and related manuals and property guides.
- Ensure successful daily execution of household processes through effective training and supervision of the staff and performing spot checks throughout the day.
- Event Coordination with the lifestyle manager to ensure there is:
- Planning and setting up for events on the property.
- Execution of meal service at dinner parties.
- Readiness to receive family in advance of their arrival.
Property Management Oversight
- Oversee all building maintenance, repairs, projects, and improvements across eight residential properties with the help of the assistant property manager.
- Received invoices related to estate business, vendor billing, local charge accounts, etc.
- Oversee landscape requirements, lawns, gardens, and indoor plant care.
- Full-Scope Vendor Management.
- Create household reference manuals for each property.
- Skilled in contract negotiation and the ability to oversee large groups of vendors, including architects, builders, engineers, consultants, and landscape designers.
- Experienced in project management methodologies, including project experience in scoping and budgeting capital improvement projects.
- Familiarity with complex mechanical systems, including Smart Home systems, electrical, lighting control, generators, fire sprinklers, and HVAC, is a plus.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Ability to negotiate a multi-story house with stairs many times a day.
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this role. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time, with or without notice.
|Job Category||Estate Manager|