Position Code: PORCHA_EXHK
Schedule: Full Time – Hours TBD
Compensation: $30 – $35/hour
Family in West Austin needs an Executive Housekeeper to maintain their new 11,000 home’s cleanliness and organization and assist with the daily minutia of the home. The ideal candidate is someone who has an eye for detail, takes ownership of their work, is committed to a high standard of service, and knows how to navigate the home and perform their tasks without being intrusive or noticeable. In addition to performing standard housekeeping duties and keeping up with the laundry, the candidate should proactively identify areas that need attention and take the initiative to address them appropriately.
Working closely with the family, the housekeeper will need to be able to work independently, maintain a high level of confidentiality, and be comfortable with flexible work hours. The ability to maintain a clean and organized living space is essential, as is the ability to communicate effectively and work well with others. The successful candidate will be able to provide a high level of service to the family while always maintaining a positive attitude and a professional demeanor.
- 5 – 10 years of industry experience
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record
- Capable of passing an extensive background check and BAI interview
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail.
- Ability to anticipate what needs to be done.
- Ability to work discreetly and provide invisible service.
- Self-sufficient & Self-driven. Doesn’t need handholding.
- Team mentality capable of seamlessly fitting into a harmonious work environment.
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Pantry & Refrigerator inventory and shopping.
- Vendor greeting and monitoring.
- Personal errands.
- Light meal prep for Mr. & Mrs. (not full cooking, but true meal “prep.”)
- Full charge housekeeping, interior and exterior furniture.
- Cleaning and dusting surfaces, including furniture, countertops, and floors.
- Vacuuming carpets and rugs.
- Laundry upkeep/service and dry-cleaning pick-up/drop-off management. (the current retiring Housekeeper will be kept on a couple of days per week to focus on the laundry)
- Changing bed linens.
- Cleaning bathrooms, including toilets, sinks, and showers.
- Household sundry and housekeeping inventory management.
- Restocking toiletries and supplies, such as toilet paper, soap, and towels.
- Kitchen cleanliness as needed.
- Regular cleaning of kitchen appliances, such as ovens and refrigerators.
- Organizing and tidying up living spaces, such as living rooms and bedrooms.
- Taking out the trash and recycling.
- Running errands, such as grocery shopping or picking up dry cleaning.
- Work with Household Manager to create cleaning checklists and schedules.
- Packing and unpacking for Principal’s travel.
- PLUS: Capable of formal table setting & service for small gatherings.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching
- Ability to negotiate a multi-story house with stairs many times a day
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’
|Job Category||Executive Housekeeper|