Position Code: COLELI_EXHK
Schedule: Full Time – Hours TBD
Compensation: $75,000 DOE
San Antonio Family seeks a full-time Executive Housekeeper for immediate hire to provide generalized support, training, and management of current housekeeping staff.
The ideal candidate will work with the family and household team to provide one-to-one support to the principals and children, including duties outlined below and other ad-hoc projects as capacity allows. They should have a better than basic understanding of technology and be an individual who can manage and assign tasks effectively. They should also be self-driven and not require constant platitudes. While the family is very grateful for the support their staff provides, they do not want to have to worry about hurt feelings because a question was asked directly without pleasantries.
The regular responsibilities are broad and vary greatly on a day-to-day basis. However, the majority of the time will be directed toward keeping the household meticulously ordered, functionally sound, and well-stocked according to the fluctuating needs of the family.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a HNW Residence.
- Ability to seamlessly fit into a harmonious work environment.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- High level of discretion, integrity, and honesty.
- Highly organized and has an excellent eye for detail with an ability to discern when something is “off” in a room.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record.
- Capable of passing an extensive background check and BAI interview.
- Keen time-management skills used to manage a potentially heavy workload.
- Dynamic personality that doesn’t get stuck on a schedule.
- Compatibility with no-nonsense, direct forms of communication.
- Emotional fortitude
- Technology Proficient
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Document the family’s preferences and allergies.
- Weekly Menu Planning (schedule and coordination.)
- Breakfast is done by live-in housekeepers.
- Lunch for Mrs. is rare and very light.
- Dinners will be a scheduled team effort. (you will help define the schedule.)
- Develop and maintain kitchen inventories, including food, beverage, equipment, and supplies.
- Train or source training to improve current staff’s culinary abilities.
- Vendor scheduling & monitoring.
- Travel preparation assistance with packing, unpacking and double-checking to ensure the family has everything they need for travel.
- Evaluate current housekeepers and train them as needed.
- Create Housekeeping policies and procedures that maintain high cleanliness standards and protect the surfaces and fabrics in the home.
- Train and educate housekeeping staff on the care of items and surfaces in the home.
- Occasionally, drive kids to school in the morning.
- Help with afternoon pick-ups and drop-offs for after-school activities. (pick-ups start at 3:15 – 3:30 pm)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Ability to negotiate a multi-story house with stairs many times a day.
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’.
|Job Category||Executive Housekeeper|