Position Code: YAUJOH_FA
Schedule: Monday – Thursday: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Compensation: $35 – $45/hour
A warm, down-to-earth Austin family is searching for a Part-Time Family Assistant to help with the afternoon activities. The role involves providing academic support to the children, covering subjects like math, Latin, biology, and more, spanning various grade levels.
Additionally, the Family Assistant will help with getting the kids to their extracurricular and after-school activities. The ideal candidate will be someone with a background in education who is looking to fill their afternoon hours. The only adjustment in the schedule will be during holidays and summers; the family is open to discussing the schedule during those times.
- Familiarity with the nuances of working in a private home.
- Background working with children (pre- and teen.)
- Background in education.
- Current First Aid, CPR, and AED Certification.
- Ability to seamlessly fit into a harmonious family environment.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain professional boundaries in an informal environment.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty.
- Highly organized and excellent eye for detail.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record.
- Capable of passing an extensive background check and BAI interview.
- Capable of helping children with their Homework (3rd – 10th grade)
- Capable of intuitively dealing with schedule conflicts.
- Comfort with Office365 & Outlook Calendars. The family also uses written calendars.
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Proactively identify where there may be a pick-up/drop-off conflict.
- Assist/Coordinate afterschool transportation.
- Assist with keeping the household clean and tidy.
- Keep the kitchen clean.
- Keep laundry cycling and laundry room organized.
- Light meal preparation.
- Assist with homework and guide the children in sourcing answers for their homework.
- Be a conscientious and courteous driver.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Keep up with active 8-year-old and social 13/15-year-olds.
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Ability to negotiate a multi-story house with stairs many times a day.
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this role. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time, with or without notice.
|Job Category||Family Assistant|