Position Code: REEMCF_GRCT
Compensation: $25 / hour (+)
Schedule: Full Time 7:30 am – 3:30 pm (may vary by season and dependant on events)
Benefits: PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision & 401k
Long established Dallas couple with a history of longevity with their employees is looking to add a Groundskeeper/Property Caretaker to their team. The family office is looking for someone who’s all about teamwork and ready to dive into any task to support the crew. The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys working outdoors in a top-notch luxury setting and understands the importance of privacy and discretion.
The Groundskeeper/Property Caretaker duties will include maintenance of the grounds and property, including general landscape maintenance and cleanliness. Occasional interior help when a member of the team requests help. A “happy to go above and beyond” mentality is valued in this home.
The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys working outdoors in a top-notch luxury setting and understands the importance of privacy and discretion. The family office is looking for someone who’s
all about teamwork and ready to dive into any task to support the crew.
- 5 years of experience working in luxury environments.
- Flexibility with task and duty requirements.
- Ability to seamlessly fit into a harmonious work environment.
- Clear verbal communication.
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty.
- Highly organized and excellent eye for detail.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record.
- Capable of passing an extensive background check and BAI interview.
- The Groundskeeper/Property Caretaker should be mechanically inclined and adept at using a variety of household tools and equipment.
- Must be able to stay late on occasion for events or emergencies.
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Responds to requests from Lead/Supervisor for support and assistance on repairs and projects, must also gather tools and supplies to be used at the work site.
- Help with maintaining the cleanliness and presentation of the residence and property. Including clearing walkways of debris, removing trash from the creek, cleaning the patio area, and window touchups.
- Responsible for the detailed cleaning of all exterior handrails, stair rails, exterior fixtures, balconies, tiles, and windows on the outside of the building.
- Landscaping duties are as follows; mowing lawns, trimming hedges, and watering plants. Maintaining gardens and lawns, including planting seasonal color, fertilizing, mulching, etc.
- Winterizing the home and property prior to freezes. Including covering exterior faucets and plants to protect against freeze.
- Maintain pool/water fountain area, including cleaning water and pump filters and refilling as needed.
- Report potential issues or independently address small ones when capable.
- Handyman tasks as needed/requested by the Principal, your supervisor, or fellow staff members.
- Willing to step in when someone else on the team is struggling or needs help. Regardless of the task.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds.
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Ability to negotiate a multi-story house with stairs many times a day.
- Ability to use a ladder up to 10’.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this role. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.