Position Code: SEWLAE_GRCT
Schedule: To Be Determined
Compensation: $25 – $30/hour
Benefits: Health & PTO
A well-established family in Odessa, Texas, is looking for an experienced gardener and groundskeeper to care for their newly constructed property. The property is on # acre with a 10,000 sq. ft home on the grounds. It has a throughout that will be maintained.
The ideal candidate should have a firm foundational knowledge of plants and their care and be capable of handling exterior maintenance, cleaning, and supervision or active execution of specialty projects. Including sourcing and pricing plants for regular maintenance and replacement as well as requested seasonal color projects.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record
- Knowledge of gardening techniques and methods
- Highly organized & an excellent eye for detail
- Non-Toxic Chemical use knowledge
- Capable of passing extensive background check and BAI interview
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty
- Highly organized & an excellent eye for detail.
- Self-sufficient & Self-driven. Doesn’t need handholding.
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Daily walkthroughs to pick up trash and note needed repairs. Communicates property needs to Principals on a regular basis.
- Maintain exterior cleanliness.
- Special project help (specialty event planting, exterior seasonal decoration)
- Mowing (weekly in winter, bi-weekly in summer)
- Pruning, trimming, deadheading, and replacement of dead plants.
- Keep landscaping beds clean and maintained.
- Seasonal planting
- Sprinkler system maintenance and repair (PVC knowledge)
- Pool maintenance, chemicals, and basic equipment repairs.
- Koi Pond maintenance and feeding.
- Exterior cleaning (driveways, patios, doorways, light fixtures, gates, garages, gutters, windows)
- Cleaning and maintenance of “outbuildings/structures.”
- Assist with interior items when requested by the Principal or housekeeper.
Initial projects will include learning the systems of the new property and helping the family move in and set up.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching
- Ability to negotiate a multi-story house with stairs many times a day
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’
|Job Category||Groundskeeper, Handy Man|