Schedule: Monday – Friday 10:30 – 6:30
Compensation: $35 – $40/hour
Busy Doctor/Single Mother with home-schooled twin boys is looking for a family assistant to come and care for her home and take a load off her shoulders. Home is 3600 sq ft. Children are becoming self-sufficient but need an adult to guide their path. Answer questions and make sure schoolwork is complete (don’t do it for them). In the home is also a standard poodle, two new puppies, and two senior cats. Grandma lives close by and comes over for the occasional visit.
- 5 – 10 years industry experience
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Capable of passing extensive background check and BAI interview
- Ability to identify issues and address independently
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Understand how to provide Invisible Service
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail.
- Punctual and Flexible with their schedule
- Does not wait to be told what to do, surprises and delights by anticipating needs in advance, while being careful to ask for guidance when needed, and is sensitive to maintaining the household according to the principal’s wishes
- Positive attitude, loves their job
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Interacts, communicates and is comfortable caring for and supervising children’s lessons
- Detail oriented, maintains high standard of cleanliness in between weekly housekeeper visits.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Vigilant in watching out for the safety of the children
- Communicates effectively and is quickly responsive
- Able to maintain composure when stressful situations occur
- Maintains professional etiquette and confidentiality of the family’s affairs and professions
- Comfortable with mid-size breed dog, cats, and able to swim
- Enthusiastic about preparing healthy & nutritious whole food plant-based meals for children and principal (guidance in resources for this definitely can be provided)
- Owns reliable and safe vehicle that can transport children as necessary.
- Create end-of-day/pre-arrival checklist to ensure all the important spots are touched up prior to Mrs. arriving home.
- For the kids, keep schedule of school requirements and activities (e.g., home-school group meet ups, special events, sign-ups, library book due dates, etc)
- Guide children to maintain their spaces and hygiene
- Pack for the children in advance of family trips
- Supervision and engagement during school vacation days when Principal at work
- Provide oversight and ensure completion of daily schoolwork
- Meal planning & simple preparation of the lunch and evening meal
- Mondays & Thursdays pick up the kids from homeschool coop @ 3:15pm
- Seasonal decorating and takedown
- Drives pets to/from veterinarian as necessary
- House/pet-sit when family is away
Mrs. handles most of the contractor scheduling. She would like to have someone to identify issues, briefly research vendors options and send to her so she can call and make the arrangements.
One child struggles with organization due to dysgraphia, someone patient that can help provide him guidance (not do it for them) to help them thrive.
Keys to the job: Kids, Food & Cleanliness.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching
- Ability to negotiate a multi-story house with stairs many times a day
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’
|Job Category||Family Assistant, House Manager|