Schedule: TBD (will be discussed with the perfect candidate)
Compensation: $25 – $30/hour
Large family outside Houston is looking for a professional Housekeeper to help them and the Household Manager care for the home. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt as the family learns the new dynamic now that the family will have full-time staff. As this is among their first full-time employees, only experienced professionals should apply.
The family consists of Mr., Mrs., 4 children (3 at home), 1 – 30lb schnauzer, their 6,000 sq. ft. home on 1 acre.
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail
- Non-Toxic Chemical use knowledge
- Pro-active, hardworking, and honest
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to care for fine fabrics and furnishings.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Capable of passing extensive background check and BAI interview
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty
- Self-sufficient & Self-driven. Doesn’t need handholding.
- Familiar and comfortable with Apple products and applications
- An understanding of invisible service and how to navigate the home quietly.
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Work under the direction of the new Household Manager.
- Upkeep of cleanliness of interior and exterior of house in between housekeeping service visits.
- Laundry, ironing, and closet organization.
- Running errands and/or grocery shopping as needed.
- Organization of closets, pantries, etc.
- Care of fine furniture, art, antiques, etc.
- Polishing of and care for all silver, brass, china, etc.
- Packing and unpacking garments for travel.
- Greeting guests, receiving packages, and answering phone calls.
- Serving occasional guests as needed.
- Assist with children transportation.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’