We are seeking a skilled Property Manager to oversee the daily operations of a client’s recently purchased home in Austin, Texas. The household is home to a long-established High Net Worth (HNW) couple who recently relocated to the area. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on problem solver with strong mechanical and technological skills, capable of diagnosing and troubleshooting issues in both the house and on the property. The candidate should be able to handle small repairs independently and coordinate larger or warranty items with vendors as needed.
The home is a Spanish Mediterranean-style architecture home with three stories covering approximately 14,000 sq. ft with six bedrooms (including the main house and guest apartment.)
Schedule: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm (with flexibility)
Compensation: $85,000 – $95,000/year
Benefits: Medical, 401k, a very liberal and generous PTO policy.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record.
- Capable of passing an extensive background check and BAI interview.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty.
- Highly organized & an excellent eye for detail.
- Can work independently.
- Mechanically inclined.
- A strong working understanding of the following programs:
- Outlook365 (primarily)
- Microsoft ToDo
- Google Workspace
- DocuSign & Adobe
- Ability to quickly pick up new technology and apps.
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Daily management of the home and the property.
- Upkeep of exterior cleanliness.
- Active management of assigned tasks through Microsoft ToDo.
- Management and direction of weekly 1099 Landscaping team. The team comes to the main property once and to the boat slip once per week.
- Continue to cultivate Vendor Lists and Vendor Policies & Procedures.
- Establish & manage household inventory.
- Ensure boats and water toys are ready to go (7 consecutive boat spaces at the bottom of the hill.)
- Update and maintain the existing Household & Estate Manual.
- Care of Tortoise.
- Knowledge of Solar Powered electrical systems.
- Work closely with the Chief of Staff/Household Manager to ensure the family is supported.
Primarily report to the Mrs.
There is a Beehive/colony on the property that a Beekeeper maintains. Candidates who are allergic to bees should consider the risk.
For strong candidates, this position will grow to encompass additional homes in California & Oregon. As the position expands in scope and responsibility, the salary will be adjusted to accommodate the additional tasks.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching
- Ability to negotiate a multi-story house with stairs many times a day
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’
|Job Category||Property Manager|