Position Code: SHAMCI_EM
Benefits: Bonus, Medical and Dental (also paid on all eligible dependents), 401k & PTO
ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED OR REPLIED TO.
Luxury Residence in Dallas is looking for a hands-on Estate Manager to help manage their 3 residences. The primary residence is in Dallas, secondary in Aspen, and a third lake house east of DFW. The ideal candidate will be someone who can greet guests, make them feel comfortable, and return to their duties managing their duties as a Honey-Do specialist with a positive energy. The professional will also be able to keep the Principals in the loop on what’s going on around the residences and define priorities as the task list inevitably grows.
The principals are committed to ensuring long-term employment with retention plans, and an Industrial Psychologist who has been working with the family for decades will be a part of the interview process.
The main house is 12,000 sq. ft., the secondary residence is ~6,000 sq. ft. with a garage apartment for the manager to stay, and the lake house is ~6,000 sq. ft. on about an acre.
- 8 – 10 years of applicable industry experience
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Capable of passing extensive background check and BAI interview
- Ability to identify issues and address them independently.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity, and honesty
- Highly organized & excellent eye for detail.
- Organized self-starter with the ability to work with minimal direction.
- Ability to travel to additional residences for long periods (2-3 months max.)
- Professional demeanor and formal service capable.
- Familiarity with complex building systems and building-related technology
- Mechanically and technologically inclined.
- Office 365
- iPhone comfortable
Duties & Key Success Factors
- Adaptable/flexible, with a positive readiness to do whatever it takes whenever it is needed.
- Processing household bills and service invoices for approval and payment. Most payments are made by the family office, but occasional checks will need to be issued.
- Balance any construction & project management duties while managing the regular household duties.
- Vendor management, scheduling, and supervision.
- Formal table setting and event management.
- Be mechanically inclined and capable of handling minor repairs and source a vendor or handyman when needed.
- Develop clear communication channels that keep the Mrs. up to date on various projects across the various homes.
- Grocery and pantry inventory and stocking.
- Household sundry and supplies inventory and stocking.
- Simple Meal Prep and occasional simple cooking (Breakfast or Lunch)
- Keep estate and household manuals up to date.
- Proactively bring forward ideas for improvements.
- Resolve ongoing issues to prevent them from reoccurring.
- Oversee the “business side” of the operation (e.g., manage service contracts and related insurance)
- Lead projects as required (e.g., events, renovations)
- Ensure thoroughness and detail in workmanship performed by others.
- Ensure the proper care of high-end finishes, including the installation and care of art and antiquities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues into simple discussion points.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and stretching
- Ability to negotiate a multi-story house with stairs many times a day
- Ability to use a ladder up to 6’