The position of Estate Manager is more administrative in nature and is a direct connection between the Principal and the service environments they own and the staff that run them. Estate Managers create policies and standards to create continuity of service across all service environments and ensure they are in a “visit-ready” state at all times. Hiring an Estate Manager adds hours of freedom to your schedule and confidence that your properties run well and according to your vision. Estate Managers will generally spend 70% of their time in the office and 30% of their time actively managing employees.
~ A good Estate Manager knows how to create luxury in any environment. ~
Estate Manager responsibilities can include:
- Ability to seamlessly fit into a harmonious work environment.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity & honesty
- Highly organized & an excellent eye for detail.
- Interviewing and managing all household staff
- Facilitate between households and offices
- Vendor management
- Contract and invoice review
- Overseeing maintenance and upkeep of the interior and exterior of all properties
- Construction management
- Supervising vehicle maintenance & documentation
- Interior design coordination
- Maintain operational budgets
- Create household reference manuals for each service environment
- Process and maintain payroll systems
- Log and maintain inventory of all valuables, including art & antiques
- Wine cellar management
** While a Private Service Professional can handle most if not all of the above tasks, it is important to remember that every task takes time, and Employers should listen to their staff when they express how much time something takes to accomplish their duties. Your staff is dedicated to you, and "No" is not a part of their dictionary. If they ask if something should take priority over another task or ask to delegate the task to maintain efficiency, they are really saying that their plate is full and additional tasks might prevent them from doing other duties.
Principals: If you are in need of a Private Service Professional and want a company that genuinely cares about its clients and candidates, please select one of the options to the right.
Candidates: If you are looking for a position, please check out our EMS Domestics for a complete list of our open positions and discover how to submit your resume.