A private Chef often possesses a formal culinary education, apprentice in fine dining establishments, and works exclusively for a private family or individual. Private chefs differ from personal chefs in that they focus their energy and creativity on one family or individual instead of providing occasional chef services to various private clients at one time. Adding a private chef to your household staff increases your dining enjoyment and creates unique opportunities to enjoy a healthier diet.
~ A good Private Chef knows how to create luxury in any environment. ~
Types of private chefs include:
- Full-time chefs who prepare every meal
- Part-time chefs who prepare some meals. They can be prepped and delivered ready to be heated up, or they can be prepped onsite with meals prepped for the following day(s).
- Corporate dining room chefs who prepare meals around business functions
- Summer chefs for seasonal vacation homes
- Short-term chefs who prepare meals during disruptive life transitions (jobs, babies, funerals, etc.)
- Yacht Chef who focuses on short- to long-term contracts on luxury Yachts
Private chef responsibilities can include:
- Ability to seamlessly fit into a harmonious work environment.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- High level of discretion, loyalty, integrity & honesty
- Highly organized & an excellent eye for detail.
- Menu planning
- Nutrition & Diet Management
- Guidance with Medically Prescribed Diets
- Large Event Coordination & Planning
- Holiday & Small Event Meals
- Grocery and Pantry Management
- Regular maintenance of all F&B equipment in the house.
- Wine Cellar Management
- Formal table setting and service management
- Staff meals
** While a Private Service Professional can handle most if not all of the above tasks, it is important to remember that every task takes time, and Employers should listen to their staff when they express how much time something takes to accomplish their duties. Your staff is dedicated to you, and "No" is not a part of their dictionary. If they ask if something should take priority over another task or ask to delegate the task to maintain efficiency, they are really saying that their plate is full and additional tasks might prevent them from doing other duties.
Principals: If you are in need of a Private Service Professional and want a company that genuinely cares about its clients and candidates, please select one of the options to the right.
Candidates: If you are looking for a position, please check out our EMS Domestics for a complete list of our open positions and discover how to submit your resume.